travel requirements for SAUDI ARABIA & red sea cruises
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
BEFORE YOUR CRUISE
COVID 19: MEASURES TO EMBARK
- All Guests (2 years old and over) need to provide a certificate of a negative RT-PCR test taken within 72 hours before embarkation. For example, if you embark on your cruise at 15:00 on a Saturday, you should take your COVID-19 test on the Wednesday as of 15:00at the earliest.
- All Guests (12 years old and over) have to be fully vaccinated. Guests are considered fully vaccinated if they received the full set of vaccine shots more than 14 days before the start of the cruise with an approved Covid-19 vaccine including Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson. A “mix-and-match” combination of the above list of vaccines is accepted. To note: Guests that recovered from Covid-19 and received only one shot of vaccine are not considered fully vaccinated.
The original test and vaccination certificate must be presented at the terminal (paper or electronic format) and must be in English. The COVID 19 test certificate must contain: guest’s personal data (verifiable with the other travel documents), date of the test, identification / contact details of the centre that performed the analysis, technique used and negative test result.
OTHER TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Before booking your cruise, please check HERE if you are allowed to embark according to your country of residence. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, there might be international travel restrictions depending on your cruise destination and your country of residence.
A COVID-19 test or Passenger locator form (PLF) may still be necessary for national or international mobility requirement: it’s every guest’s responsibility to verify this requirement before departure. For more information, it is recommended to check your country’s competent authorities official channels.
Visas are required for the Saudi Arabia and Red Sea cruises. In details:
- Guests who purchase our fly & cruise package have a visa for Saudi Arabia valued at €30 per person included in the overall cost. Important update: the e-visa cannot currently be sent by mail (due to technical issues independent from MSC Cruises). As a consequence, each Guest must apply for its own VISA. The additional VISA amount (USD 130) will be fully reimbursed with a refundable onboard credit during the cruise on MSC Bellissima. For any assistance with the online VISA application, Guests can contact MSC Cruises Contact Center.
- For guests who opt to buy a cruise only they will be responsible to obtain their visa and should check with their airlines for more information. All guests from the Gulf Cooperation Council countries are exempted of this requirement. Visa to visit Jordan on one of our shore excursions will be included in the guest’s holiday package, whether it be fly & cruise or cruise only.
- Guests’ passports need to have a minimum of 6 months validity at the time of travel.
All Guests over 12 years old must register their vaccination data online at most 72 hours before arrival to Saudi Arabia.
All guests over 12 years old must download and register in the Tawakkalna App (COVID-19 KSA), the official Saudi Contract Tracing app. Geolocalization (with data) must be kept activated at all times when ashore in Saudi Arabia.
To ensure peace of mind, MSC Cruises requires all guests to have a specific and mandatory Covid-19 insurance policy to embark, covering against COVID-19 related risks, i.e cancellation, interruption, repatriation expenses, quarantine, medical assistance and related expenses, as well as hospitalization. Should you need COVID-19 insurance cover, our travel insurance partner may be able to help you. You can see the policy benefits available here to see if they are of interest and benefit for you. A proof of the specific COVID-19 coverage insurance policy - which must be in English, Italian, German, French or Spanish - must be presented at embarkation or boarding will be denied.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT EMBARKATION
HEALTH SCREENINGS & EMBARKATION CHECKLIST
For a seamless embarkation process, please make sure to review our Health & safety measures in place in our terminals and to bring:
- A printed copy of the embarkation form (available in your cruise ticket)
- A printed copy of the mandatory health questionnaire duly completed and signed within 6 hours prior to the embarkation (available in your cruise ticket)
- The original COVID 19 test and vaccination certificate (paper or electronic format)
- A proof of COVID-19 insurance clearly showing the COVID-19 risks coverage
- A valid identity document
- Symptoms i.e fever (>37.5 C / 99.5 F), cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle/body aches, fatigue, headache, sore throat and loss of taste/smell in the 14 days prior to embarkation
- Potential exposure to a suspected or confirmed case of COVID 19 in the 14 days prior to embarkation
- Temporary travel restrictions based on local circumstances. For example, certain countries may deny visas or prohibit entry based on travel history or nationality
- Failure to provide the proof of the mandatory COVID-19 insurance policy which must be in of the following languages: English, Italian, German, French or Spanish)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT GOING
ASHORE & TRAVELLING BACK HOME
GOING ASHORE & TRAVELLING BACK HOME
Discover in protected excursions: To go ashore during the cruise, MSC Cruises highly recommends to participate in one of or MSC Shore Excursions to ensure the same high standards of health and safety ashore as on board. Guests who are fully vaccinated may be able to go ashore independently and will need to follow the requirements of going ashore according to the countries they will visit. Not all destinations allow independent disembarkation and it may depend on the traveller’s vaccination status. Those Guests who are not fully vaccinated or who have unvaccinated children in their travelling party, will need to go ashore with an MSC Excursion to discover in a protected excursion. More information in the FAQ section.
All guests over 12 years old must download and register in the Tawakkalna App (COVID-19 KSA), the official Saudi Contract Tracing app. Geolocalization (with data) must be kept activated all time when ashore in Saudi Arabia.
To allow a safe return home to our Guests in compliance with national regulations, MSC Cruises has organized the possibility for its guests to purchase and perform a RT-PCR test or an antigen test during their cruise. More information in the FAQ section.