MSC Virtuosa will be the fourth ship in the Meraviglia generation and the second Meraviglia-plus ship, following her sister ships MSC Bellissima and MSC Grandiosa, which will both come into, service in 2019. MSC Meraviglia has come into service in June 2017.
Gianni Onorato, CEO of MSC Cruises, commented, “MSC Virtuosa has been named to pay homage to the skill and expertise of our architects and shipyard partners at Les Chantiers de l’Atlantique who designed and built this innovative class of ships, which delivers “excellence” in both hardware and software when it comes to the guest experience.”
Mr Onorato continued, “As the sixth MSC Cruises ship to come into service in just over three years, she joins one of the most modern and technologically advanced fleets at sea. We will over time reveal details of the guest experience on board this next-generation cruise ship, she is however sure to bring into the market something new, exciting and of the highest quality that guests expect of a holiday with us – in line with MSC Cruises’ uncompromising commitment to innovation.”
This ground-breaking class of ships has been designed to be rich in onboard features and MSC Virtuosa will be no exception, offering MSC Cruises guests a wide range of entertainment, dining, relaxation, shopping and other features as well as the MSC Yacht Club “ship within a ship” concept for those seeking exclusivity and luxury within a world of choice. MSC Virtuosa will offer guests a singular holiday experience with highlights such as:
• Two brand new Cirque du Soleil at Sea shows, created exclusively for MSC Cruises’ guests by the world leader in live entertainment, Cirque du Soleil. With performances six nights per week in the purpose-built Carousel Lounge, guests will be able to enjoy a unique experience that cannot be had anywhere else at sea, available exclusively on board MSC Cruises’ Meraviglia generation ships.
• The very latest in technology designed to enrich the guest cruise experience as part of the much-acclaimed digital innovation programme, MSC for Me. Every cabin will be fitted with custom-built voice-enabled Artificial Intelligence technology in every cabin. Zoe, MSC Cruises’ new cruise digital assistant – an industry first - is a bespoke device designed by HARMAN International, the experts in the field of voice-enabled technology. She will speak 7 languages and will be on-hand to offer guests a simple and stress-free way to find out information about everything the ships has to offer in the comfort of the cabin.
• An unprecedented choice of both fine dining and more casual options serving fresh, authentic food to meet the tastes of all guests, across multiple venues plus a huge range of bars for every occasion.
• A wide array of family facilities and entertainment make this ship ideal for family holidays, thanks to programmes and facilities designed in partnership with leading family experts including LEGO® and Chicco.
• Six ports in seven nights in the Western Mediterranean: MSC Virtuosa will call at the iconic ports of Genoa, Marseille and Barcelona as well as other highly sought after destinations.
MSC Virtuosa will be fitted with state-of-the-art environmental technology to reduce her environmental footprint including: an exhaust gas cleaning system for cleaner emissions; an advanced wastewater treatment system; smart heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems (HVAC) to recover heat from machinery spaces; and LED lighting and smart devices to significantly save energy. This is all part of MSC Cruises commitment to provide guests with the best holiday experiences at sea in a sustainable way.
When booking MSC Virtuosa over the initial two-week opening of sales period exclusive to them, MSC Voyagers Club members will receive a special 5% discount in addition to their 5% loyalty discount as well as benefitting from being able to have the first selection of cabins. Other guests will also enjoy a 5% early booking discount until June 3rd 2019.
MSC Virtuosa will commence her maiden voyage from Genoa, Italy on November 8th 2020.